The 2 railway carriages now known as the bluetrain were imported from Preston in 1952.
The original English multiple units were in a blue livery with silver strip down the side.
They are narrow so as to fit through the tunnel made through Johnsonville.
They came out of service in 2012 the last trip was to melling in Lower Hutt.
They are now home to a mystery club called "the fez club ' all things nice to celebrate for a perfect evening with friends.